Suicide is preventable
- Each day, 2 LA County residents die by suicide, and another 28 are hospitalized or treated in the ER after an attempt.
- More LA County residents die prematurely by suicide than from unintentional drug overdoses, motor vehicle crashes, or homicides.
- Suicide rates among men are 3 times higher than women.
Pain isn’t always obvious, but the more of these signs a person shows, the greater the risk. Call 800-273-8255 if you see these warning signs.
- Talking about wanting to die or suicide
- Looking for a way to kill themselves
- Feeling hopeless, desperate, trapped
- Giving away possessions
- Putting affairs in order
- Reckless behavior
- Uncontrolled anger
- Increased drug or alcohol use
- Anxiety or agitation
- Changes in sleep
- Sudden mood changes
- No sense of purpose