Find mental health services through the LA County Department of Mental Health.
- Call the Access Hotline at 800-854-7771
- Visit the LA County DMH website
Connect to a crisis counselor 24/7 through the Suicide Prevention Hotline.
- Text a counselor at “LA” to 741741
- Chat with a counselor online
- Talk with a counselor at 800-273-8255 (press “1” for a dedicated line for Veterans and their families.)
- Visit the Suicide Prevention Hotline website
Get support, information, advice, or a referral, from trained support specialists at the Sexual Assault Hotline.
Connect with the national crisis hotline and online service for runaway and homeless youth at the National Runaway Safeline.
- Talk confidentially at 1-800-786-2929
- Chat with a professional
- Email the Safeline
- Visit the National Runaway Safeline website
Get information and referrals for all health and human services in LA County through 211 LA.
- Call 2-1-1 directly from your phone. If outside of LA County, dial (800) 339-6993 direct.
- Search for services at 211 LA
Get crisis intervention and suicide prevention services for (LGBTQ+) young people under 25 through The Trevor Project.
- Call the Trevor Lifeline at 1-866-488-7386
- Text “START” to 678678
- Chat with a professional online via TrevorChat
- Visit The Trevor Project website
Get free, confidential and unlimited mental health services for Post 9/11 Veterans, active duty service members and their loved ones through The Soldiers Project.
- Call (877) 576-5343
- Visit The Soldiers Project website
NAMI (National Alliance on Mental Health): Offers free education programs, support, and guidance for those with mental illnesses.